TENANT & VISITOR CODE OF CONDUCT
In an SL Green Realty Corp. building, when using common areas (including amenity spaces) all tenants and their visitors shall observe the building’s code of conduct and refrain from any of the following:
- Obstructing access to any common areas, including any garage entrances or walkways.
- Climbing on any structure in any common areas.
- Throwing any item through a window or over a wall or barrier. Such actions are dangerous and may constitute a felony under the NY State Penal Code. Violators may be reported to law enforcement and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- Bringing bicycles, motorcycles, or other vehicles into portions of the building that are not designated as authorized for same.
- Defacing the walls, partitions, or other surfaces of the building.
- Making or permitting litter except in appropriate receptacles for such purpose.
- Consuming food and beverage in common areas unless such areas are designated for the consumption of food and/or drink. Consumption of alcoholic beverages must take place only in those areas authorized for such consumption.
- Smoking, vaping, or using other substances in common areas, including indoors and outdoor spaces.
- Bringing pets and “emotional support” animals into common areas, although documented service animals and service animals in training are permitted.
- Conducting unauthorized performances, media events, leafletting, sign posting and/or the playing of music/videos or spoken word messages in common areas.
- Engaging in protests or demonstrations of any kind anywhere in the common areas of the building without express written permission from building management.
- Possession of any firearm or dangerous instrument anywhere within the building is strictly prohibited without the prior express written consent from SL Green’s Security & Life Safety Team. Such items include but are not limited to: firearms (including pistols, rifles, shotguns, BB guns, pellet guns, stun guns, tasers, as well as replica or facsimile firearms), ammunition, knives or shanks of any shape or size, any explosive devices including fireworks, smoke bombs, poppers, and any flammable liquids or gasses of any kind. Additionally, mace/pepper spray, permanent magic markers, and spray paint are prohibited from being brought into the common areas.
Visitors are expected to treat one another as well as our teams with respect and courtesy. Building management reserves the right to refuse access to persons it deems in good faith to be a threat to the safety, property, or reputation of the building. Without limiting the foregoing, conduct that could restrict a tenant or visitor access to common areas include:
- Provoking or engaging in any disruptive, threatening, disorderly, inappropriate, or boisterous behavior.
- Wearing apparel or carrying items that display offensive, threatening, or inflammatory language or messaging.
Our teams take visitor safety and security very seriously. Visitors must follow team member instructions in case of an emergency.
Building management reserves the right to waive any of these rules, and any such waiver shall not constitute a waiver of any other rule or any subsequent application thereof to a tenant or guest. Building management further reserves the right to waive such other reasonable rules as it may deem necessary from time to time for the appropriate operation and safety of the building and its occupants.